For New Reservations:
Per government law set by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB), a tourist tariff will be levied on guests from all countries except India, Bangladesh, and the Maldives. This tariff is not included in the hotel’s Best Available Rates (except for our Escape Package, wherein it is offered as part of an all-inclusive rate), and is valid throughout the year. Should a guest wish for the hotel to arrange the tourist tariff utilizing the services of our partnered travel agencies, the following tourist tariff charge will be applicable.
This charge will depend on the number of guests travelling together:
- A booking for one person: USD 170 per person per night
- A booking for two people: USD 165 per person per night
- A booking for three or more people: USD 160 per person per night
In addition, a one-time visa fee of USD 40 per person will also be levied.
The tourist tariff includes the following services and charges, which are handled by the hotel’s partnered travel agency:
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Daily sightseeing with an English-speaking guide
- All applicable government taxes
- All museum and monument fees
For Cancelling Existing Reservations with a Paid Tourist Tariff:
Kindly note that should a guest cancel his/her reservation after paying for the Tourist tariff to the hotel's partnered travel agency, the agency will impose a cancellation penalty applicable as per the laws set by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB).
- 30 days prior to the arrival date - No charges
- 21 days prior to the arrival date– 10% of total amount
- 14 days prior to the arrival date– 15% of total amount
- 07 days prior to the arrival date – 30% of total amount
- Less than 07 days or without notice – 50% of total amount
- No Show or after arrival in Bhutan – 100% of total applicable amount (As per TCB Rules)
Kindly note that in case of a no-show, this penalty amount will be based on the original tourist tariff rate set by the TCB; i.e. USD 250 per day during peak season, and USD 200 per day during off season, as the travel agency would need to deposit the prerequisite amount directly to the government body.
For more information or assistance regarding this tariff, please contact the hotel’s reservations team at email@example.com or at (975)(2) 337833.